Saturday, September 5, 2009

One of those things

Have you ever started a project and right from the start everything goes wrong. Thats what happened to me and these two dolls. I was so excited when I found this pattern at goodwill for 99c. It said that one of these dolls would take less than a day! Fantastic I thought, my daughter and niece will love these. So I pull out this fabric that I have had for years and start. First I trace the patterns onto freezer paper, that took me several hours but ok. Then I sew the dolls body and arms. My daughter and I start to stuff them and run out of stuffing before we finish the first one. The next day we go and get more stuffing and finish. Then I had to sew them all closed then sew arms and legs to dolls. Now we are on day 3! I finally start to sew the outfits. I start with the pants first, they seemed the easiest. Well I was mistaken. I have never really sewn clothes before so almost ever time I sewed a seam I had to pull it out and do it 'correctly'. The same thing with the dress and apron. Now a week later, remember I was thinking this was a day project, I attempt the hats. I call my mom on the webcam and have her walk me through it. The hat which I thought would be the hardest ended up not so bad. So now they are done and I don't think I will be making anymore for awhile. I am pretty happy with how they turned out though. My daughter loves hers and I'm sure my niece will too. Ok I think I'm done complaining :-).

6 comments:

  1. They turned out sweet! I think they would have taken me longer than a week...good job ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Poor Jess. You should definitely try it again...don't let that learning curve be for naught! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have some really cute quilts! i looove your aviary quilt, and your table runner, and your pinwheel quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww it's happened to me before too. They sure turned out sweet! Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute dolls even if they journeyed here from the dark side (LOL). I've had more projects like that than I count, so I definitely understand your pain! It was soooooo worth it tho cuz they are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh yeah. I was working on a super simple project last week. I kept making the dumbest mistakes!

    Did everything backwards, upside down, inside out and broke sewing machine needles.

    ReplyDelete