Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quilt group

Ok. So I have been so busy fighting with my stubborn 2yr old this week that I haven't had alot of time to work on many projects. She has been in one heck of a mood lately, terrible twos are driving me nuts! Anyway. We went to a meeting of my quilt group the other day, love it it's like a playgroup for both of us, and our project this month was to make a quilt block out of an "ugly" fat quarter. Now the green homespun in the pic is suppose to be the ugly fabric but I like it, ok anyway. I decide to take the cottage block from Fredas Hive and make it my own. I redid the size, each block is now 12" and added the trees and ground. I liked it so much that I ended up making 5, one for the group and 4 for me. I plan to use them as corner blocks for a log cabin quilt. Sounds cute right. I think they turned out pretty good to have been done while fighting with my 2yr old about naptime.

No comments:

Post a Comment